Tuesday 14 October 2014

Genre Paragraph

Genre Paragraph
The music video which I'll be producing has a genre of Drama (relationship) and an element of Musical.
My music video can be characterised by one of the three broad typologies: Performance, Narrative and Conceptual (Firth, 1988).
The genre of song is Urban and Dance. With my music video, it is going to be both performance and narrative. The performance video will feature the 'artist' who will be in the studio singing to the camera as well being outdoor and performing.
A theory which can possibly be linked in with genre in my music video would be that 'Action in the story is dominated by males who do things and females who passively react or wait for something to happen. (Schwichtenberg 1992).
In my music video, it follows the same pattern. The protagonist in my music video will ensure that after a recent event of a relationship being broken. She expects something to happen in which makes her react into moving forward in life.
The content of my music video will feature a sound (a song audio) and footage of indoor and outdoor locations.
The genre of my music video reinforces particular representations in Gender. This will portray the woman hopeless after breaking out from a relationship.

There is also a sense of pathetic fallacy in my music video; it will focus more on the narrative rather the performance. As my narrative will feature rain - it will give a sense of sadness. This technique is called pathetic fallacy. I will use this as it engages the mixture of emotions that is being created through the performance and the lyrics of the song.
Genre is represented through my music video through the miro-features. The camera shots will vary in angles and shots. High and Low Angles will be the camera angles which I will consider to include especially in the studio footage of the protagonist. I will be including more close up shots to focus the actor’s emotions and ensure that they are engaging with the audience in the video.
The representation will be about a girl who overcomes her past and becomes strong. The protagonist will act out on walking away from a relationship and regretting what has been done in the past and tries to move on.
The connection the music video will have with the audience will be that the audience will be able to understand and give a sense of sympathy towards the protagonist. There will be an emotional package, where I am trying to encapsulate the emotions such as sadness, regrets, strength and confidence.